Partner in DaF-Netzwerk - Greece
"Ellinogermaniki Agogi" is coordinator of DaF-Südost Netzwerk from Greece. Beside the english information below you will find more detailed information in german on this site.
Ellinogermaniki Agogi is an educational organization of private law, officially recognized by the state. It is an institutional member of EDEN (European Distance Education Network) and of STEDE (Science Teacher Education Development in Europe) network. Ellinogermaniki Agogi was the national representative of the Greek Ministry of Education in the International exhibition "Salon de l' education" that was held in November 2000 in Paris in the framework of the e-Learning Initiative of the European Commission.
Ellinogermaniki Agogi was the first Greek educational organization, which applied ODL in secondary level education in the year of 1993. Since 1995, the organization has established a devoted department, the Research and Development Department for the design, development and implementation of the research activities in education, expanding the collaboration with universities and pedagogical institutions across Europe, as it provides the best test bed for research applications.
The research work of the department focuses on the following areas:
a) the development of methodologies and empirical research to investigate processes of learning and knowledge acquisition in various subject-matter areas (physics, foreign languages, mathematics, biology, etc);
b) the collaboration with computer science departments and artificial intelligence labs for the development of computational models and Ambient Intelligence systems (wearable computers, embedded devices);
c) the collaboration with universities and private companies for the development and testing of educational software; and
d) the design of technology-supported learning environments. The Department employs 20 persons (10 PhD level, 10 MSc/MA). During the last years the Research and Development Department of Ellinogermaniki Agogi has coordinated and supported the participation of the organization in many European and National projects (more than 30 projects), in the following fields:
R&D projects in educational technology
- MOTfAL (Mobile Technologies for AD-HOC Learning), (MINERVA - SOCRATES)
- AD-HOC.com project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/ad-hoc) (Coordinator, SOCRATES, Lingua 2)
- IST - 2001 - 34204, Lab@Future (www.labfuture.net) (European Youth in the Digital Age Cross Programme Action)
- IST - 2000 - 25076, Lab of Tomorrow project (www.laboftomorrow.org) (School of Tomorrow Action Line)
- IST - 2000 - 25162, School + project (www.school-plus.org) (School of Tomorrow Action Line)
Teachers training in ICT
- Science Teachers Training Framework across Europe (Observation measures of SOCRATES)
- GEH-MIT project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/geh-mit) (Coordinator, SOCRATES, Comenius 2)
- Training for Life project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/TFL) (LEONARDO DA VINCI Pilot Projects)
Pilot applications of ICT at school environments
- AgroWeb project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/agroweb), (Coordinator, SOCRATES MINERVA) - Finalist at the eScuola awards
- e-HERMES project (ODL in secondary education) (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/e-Hermes/) (Coordinator, SOCRATES ODL),
- YouRA project (ODL in elementary education) (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/YouRA/) (Coordinator, SOCRATES ODL),
- NETDAYS EUROPE 98 (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/Netdays.htm) and NETDAYS EUROPE 99 (http://www.agronet.ellinogermaniki.gr), (Coordinator)
- EUROSPIN project (http://www.eurospin.ellinogermaniki.gr/) (CONNECT Initiatives),
- FIREES project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/firees/)
Development of advanced language learning tools
- ATHENA project (http://www.ellinogermaniki.gr/athina/), (Coordinator, SOCRATES LINGUA-D)
- DEUTSCH FÜR MOE project (www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/moe) (SOCRATES LINGUA 2)
Comenius 1 Projects
- Jugend in Europa 2000 project (www.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/euro)
- Thesaurus project (http://www2.ellinogermaniki.gr/ep/socrates/soc_gr.html)
The Research and Development Department has recently initiated a distance training scheme in order to train in new technologies teachers from the small islands of Aegean sea (with less than 5000 people). Among the other activities the research group of Ellinogermaniki Agogi has authored the new official textbooks (after a National contest organised by the Pedagogical Institute of the Greek Ministry of Education) for science and physics teaching for the last two grades of elementary school and the last two grades of high-school. The books were introduced in all Greek classrooms in September 2001.
Ellinogermaniniki Agogi school. EA school covers every degree of education from nursery to upper secondary being a pilot school emphasizing in foreign languages teaching, application of new technologies, extensive use of the laboratory in natural sciences teaching and research in education. EA school teaches the German and English languages intensively from nursery school.
Operating for 39 years in the educational sector, with 1800 students and personnel of 300 people (205 scientific and 95 administrative), it is one of the greatest educational institutions in Greece. It owns two fully equipped school campuses, with special classrooms for information technology, music, painting, physics, chemistry, biology, a library, projection room, theatre, sports hall and an indoor swimming pool.
Through these means and facilities, the school provides its students the opportunity to get involved in various civil and social activities, reinforcing the level of education they get. In 1993 EA started a program to create the first Internet web site of a Greek school as well as a dial-up centre, providing students and teachers the opportunity to cooperate with schools from many different countries abroad by direct communication from school or even from home, through their modem devices
The school's German Department is made up of 13 fulltime teachers and 9 part-time teachers. The German Department has implemented the Comenius 2.1 project on In-Service Training of German Teachers in the use ICT, with partners from DE, PT, PL, HU and IT. It has coordinated and participated in Comenius 1 projects with partners from AT, CZ DE, ES, FR, HU, IE, LT, SE, PL and UK. It has also extensive experience in participating in Lingua projects devoted to innovation in teaching German.
Key person/ expert responsible for the network:
Ms. Dagmar Schäffer has studied German and History at the University of Bamberg, Germany, Portuguese at Lisbon University, and Portuguese and Bilingual Education at Brown University, Providence RI. USA. From 1988 until 1992, she was the Director of International Relations at the University of Paderborn, Germany, where she was responsible for all student and scholar exchanges, coordinated EU-programmes like ERASMUS and TEMPUS and organized the University's International Guest House.
She has been working at Ellinogermaniki Agogi since 1992 as a German teacher, being fully responsible for the annual "German Language Exam of the German Ministers of Education" ('Deutsches Sprachdiplom der KMK'). While still teaching German part-time, she has joined the R&D-Department in 1998.
She has been responsible for introducing multimedia-applications in German teaching at Ellinogermaniki Agogi since 1995 and has organized several in-service training courses on new media for language teachers. She was responsible for the German part in the NETDAYS EUROPE 98 project. She has coordinated the GEH-MIT-project (94350-CP-1-2001-1-GR-COMENIUS-C21) on in-service teacher training in new technologies for German language teachers. She has been involved in the management of five different European pilot projects (COMENIUS 1 and 2, LINGUA, Connect Initiatives).
Das Netzwerk ist offen für interessierte Institutionen oder Lehrkräfte, die Interesse an einer Qualitätsverbesserung des DaF-Unterrichts haben. Werden Sie Mitglied im DaF-Netzwerk und profitieren Sie von direkten Informationen über neue Unterrichtsressourcen und Möglichkeiten zur Mitgestaltung des Netzwerkes.
So können Sie sich online als Mitglied anmelden.
Haben Sie Fragen oder Anmerkungen? Nutzen Sie unser Kontaktformular.
Ihre Redaktion DaF-Netzwerk.org